Cabbage Soup Diet 7-Day Diet Plan
The Soup Diet is based on a fat-burning soup that contains negligible calories. The more soup you eat the more weight you should lose. It allows people to eat as much Cabbage Soup as they want each day, which should sound appealing to dieters. After all, dieters love to hear that they can eat unlimited amounts of food and still lose weight fast.
The Diet relies on eating strange and bizarre combinations of food that nearly force you to starve each day. Dieters are allowed all the water and cabbage soup they want, plus a very restricted set of other foods.
A running myth suggests that this diet originated at any number of hospitals, but thus far, no medical facilities have claimed it as their own. Consensus is that the diet is effective for temporarily losing a few pounds. However, this is not a very nutritionally sound plan and certainly not one to live on.
The 7-Day Diet Plan
Eat as much soup as you desire for seven days. The recipe varies slightly, but includes a variety of low-calorie vegetables such as cabbage, onions, and tomatoes, flavored with bouillon, onion soup mix, and tomato juice. Each day of the seven-day program has specific foods that must be eaten, including potatoes, fruit juice, many vegetables, and on one day, beef.
1: Day One
- Eat only fruit, all the fruit you want except banana.
- Drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, cranberry juice, and water.
- Eat as much soup as you like.
2: Day Two
- All you want – fresh, raw, or cooked vegetables of your choice.
- Stay away from dry beans, peas, and sweet corn.
- Reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter for dinner.
- Eat as much soup as you like but no fruit for today.
3: Day Three
- Combine days one and two, eat as much fruit, vegetables, and soup, as you like but no baked potato.
4: Day Four
- Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup.
- This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.
5: Day Five
- You may have 10-20 ounces of beef (300-500g) and a large tin or up to six fresh tomatoes.
- Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body.
- Eat your soup at least once today.
- You may eat broiled or baked chicken (skinless) instead of beef.
- If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for the beef.
6: Day Six
- Eat beef and vegetables today.
- You can even have two or three steaks if you like, with fresh vegetables or salad.
- NO BAKED POTATO.
- Eat your soup at least once.
7: Day Seven
- Eat all you want of brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices, and vegetables.
- Be sure to eat your soup at least once to day.
- No bread, alcohol, or carbonated beverages, not even diet soda.
Go to the cabbage soup diet recipe section now and learn how to prepare the soup.
The Most Common Problems while on Cabbage Soup Diet
No weight loss! It is not working! Why? Too Much Spices, Salt & MSG Be careful of spices and...