You can keep changing the ingredients used, so that you don’t get bored of the same recipe.
- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 carrots
- 1 container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 package Lipton soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes bouillon (optional)
- 1 can (48oz) V8 juice (optional)
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, etc.
- Slice green onions, put in pot and start to sauté with cooking spray.
- Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take seeds and membrane out. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and put in pot.
- Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
- Clean carrots and celery and cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
- Slice mushrooms into thick slices (otherwise they will disappear in the soup), put in pot.
- If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of cayenne pepper (red pepper) now (1/3 teaspoon is quite a bit as the soup will get spicier as it cooks further).
- You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. They have all the salt and flavors you will need.
- Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time (two hours works well).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Eat all the soup you want, whenever you want for the next 7 days.